Due to the impending retirement of Brian & Margaret Scorer we invite applications for the vacancy of Club Manager
Position Title: Club Manager
Reports to: Club Management Committee
Location Percy Park RFC, Preston Avenue NE302BE
Hours: 40 hours P/W Full Time. The nature of this work will require evening and weekend work schedules.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all non-rugby aspects of the club. Working directly with and reporting to the management committee you will be responsible for:
Staff management & development, match day operations, food and beverage operations, hospitality and outside events.
The role will support the development of a wide-ranging team of paid staff and volunteers within the club to ensure the successful implementation of the clubs' action plans and income generation targets. The post holder must have high quality interpersonal skills, be able to motivate people and have a proven track record of working as part of a small team.
Knowledge of hospitality management is desired but not essential.
- Ensuring the Club is compliant with all relevant laws and regulations, including but not limited to health & safety, employment, licensing and equality legislation.
- Managing the Percy Park Rugby Club office and its staff, including 3rd party operators, contractors full and part time staff and volunteers.
- Working with the management committee to create / extend our online presence.
- Ensure the clubhouse and surrounds are maintained to a high standard.
- Establish optimal supplier relationships and pricing to deliver best value for the club across all purchases, such as food and beverage.
Commercial related Duties include.
- Management and delivery of private functions and special events as required.
- Promote the venue to ensure that income generation is maximised for the club.
- Actively seek opportunities to develop relationships with external companies and organisations to increase income through events.
- Work with the management committee to identify additional advertising and sponsorship opportunities.
- Total Operational management and control of the clubhouse
- Management of all Bar and Catering activities:
- Recruitment, retention, training and management of all bar and catering staff
- To reconcile weekly monies, bank and prepare floats and provide weekly reports in accordance with the financial procedures as defined by the management committee
- To coordinate all activity at the club ensuring a diary for all scheduled matches and events is maintained and adequate staffing and catering is in place to fully utilise the entire facility
- To ensure staff deliver excellent customer service to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Have ability to hold on-sales licence in their own name
- Full Driving Licence
- Self-motivated and good at leading a small team
- Organised and good attention to detail
- Skills in financial planning
- Experience in events management and planning
- Proven Interpersonal skills
- Experience with staff management
- Basic IT skills
- Customer service skills
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry
- Experience in creating relationships with local business
- Track record of increasing commercial income
- Database management skills
- Customer service skills
- Negotiable subject to qualifications and Experience
- Accommodation Package available
To apply for this position, please send your covering letter and CV with references to:
Given the diverse nature of the role we have historically employed a partnership although we welcome all expressions of interest from any interested parties.
Selected candidates will be invited to an interview which will be criteria based and will include a short presentation by the candidate on their thoughts on how as the club manager you would run the day-to-day working of the club, staff you think you would need and ways of utilising the club to raise its profile and increase turnover.