“TALL OAKS FROM LITTLE ACORNS GROW
The Percy Park Youth Trust Fund was established on the 1st October 1986 when we became the first rugby club to have such a trust fund. The model for the trust was the then recently established R.F.U Wavell Wakefield Youth Trust. It was a difficult time for Percy Park. To be able to coach and train children and young persons and to provide the financial support they needed took this responsibility away from the club.
The vision was to establish:-
- A fund that grew every year.
- Meeting the cost of coaching qualifications.
- Ensuring compliancewith safeguarding issues.
- Allowing young people to attend specialist training sessions and courses.
- Offering discrete financial support where necessary to families suffering hardship.
- Encouraging and training the senior players of the future
In 1998 The Percy Park Youth Trust gained charitable status that enabled us to apply for gift aid on donations, and also to apply to other charities for funding to further the aims of the Trust.
Percy Park offers mini and junior rugby from age 6 to 18 and there are currently in excess of 300 boys and girls taking part in the sport of rugby union each week during the rugby season.
If you wish to make a financial contribution to the Percy Park Youth Trust you can do so via our page on the Virgin Money Giving website where you can make a one off donation or set up a regular direct debit.